HQ Advisory is a Perth based corporate advisory firm working with its clients to deliver effective solutions.
HQ principals have been involved in a wide range of transactions, both as advisors and principals.
We have led traditional corporate finance transactions including:
- Buy-side and sell-side M&A.
- Private equity investments.
- Debt structuring and placement.
- Public and private equity raisings.
As receivers or administrators, transactions have involved the sale of distressed or underperforming businesses and complex corporate structures.
HQ principals have managed a variety of projects to provide solutions to corporates experiencing operational and/or financial challenges.
We have been involved in restructuring assignments ranging from active “hands on” work to assist with operational improvement, to more strategic advice on capital structure or divestments.
Major assignments include:
- Email Limited – operational restructuring of diversified industrial products business.
- Ajax Fasteners – automotive/industrial steel products manufacturing.
HQ principals have a depth of experience over several decades in all forms of corporate insolvency.
With challenging operational issues and complex asset structures, we have managed high profile corporate collapses as well as a wide range of SME insolvencies.
Major assignments include:
- OM (Manganese) Ltd – manganese mine restructuring through administration.
- HIH Insurance Limited.
- Henry Walker Eltin Limited – mining services administration.
- Great Southern Limited – managed investment scheme (MIS) receivership.
- Rewards Group Limited – managed investment scheme (MIS) receivership.
- Commander Communications Limited.
- Top Ryde City – regional shopping centre receivership.
+61 419 441 458
Over 30 years James has completed leadership roles in both commerce and professional services, including corporate finance, business restructuring and corporate insolvency.
As founding principal of HQ Advisory, James is currently involved in advisory and insolvency assignments in mining, construction, power generation and consumer services, both in Australia and globally.
From 2009 to 2015, as managing partner of the Perth office of McGrathNicol, James was the receiver or administrator of a number of large corporate groups and SMEs. James has taken control of all aspects of enterprises, including operations, finance, marketing and governance.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Technology Sydney.
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association.
- Registered Liquidator.
+61 423 765 861
Liz has over 20 years’ experience in finance and human resources roles with publicly listed companies, private groups and the not for profit sector. Industry experience has primarily been gained in the professional services, IT and hospitality sectors in combined roles as Financial Controller and Human Resources Manager.
- Bachelor of Financial Administration, University of New England.
- Diploma in Human Resources.
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA).